Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Onwards and upwards

On Sunday, I was sectioned. And now I am absolutely and totally determined to make that my last ever mental health act section.

I've been letting my defences down recently, and allowing my family to see a part of me that I've kept to myself for all these years. I've allowed people to help me and comfort me. I'm finally letting people in.

Things are actually looking up. I have so many things to look forward to and I feel as though I'm getting over this rough patch and moving onwards.

I don't feel ready to openly talk about what has been happening for me lately, and for the majority of my life, but I'm hoping that one day I will. I've started writing my story down, and I hope one day to publish it.

On Tuesday, I start an apprenticeship as a pharmacy dispensing assistant and I am so excited! I finally have something to keep me on the straight and narrow, something to look forward to every day.

I've realised that every time I'm feeling down from now on, I just need to remind myself that things DO and WILL get better, and right now, I am living proof of that.

I have my family behind me every step of the way and really, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment