Pages

Sunday 1 May 2016

Finding my feet again

This past week has been the best week I've had in what must be months, maybe even years. I feel like I have a whole new lease of life! Things are finally on the up and life is looking positive.

As I mentioned a couple of posts back, on Tuesday I started an apprenticeship as a pharmacy dispensing assistant - and I am loving it! I've learned so much about the pharmaceutical industry in such little time, I've met new people, I've overcome many anxieties and I'm slowly but surely getting my confidence back. I have something to wake up and look forward to each day. I have a reason to keep myself on the straight and narrow, I have something motivating me. This feels like the beginning of a new life for me.

I can't believe that this time 10 months ago, I was being sectioned and sent 170 miles away from home to a psychiatric intensive care unit. I spent 6 months in that hospital, in which time I went through some horrendous ups and downs - and yet, look at me now.

I'm turning my whole life around.

If I can do it, then anybody can. Never, ever doubt yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Well done. Glad to hear life is on the up and I am glad you are enjoying your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I hope that you are well.

      Delete