Pages

Saturday 9 January 2016

Thank you Haven ward

Thank you Haven ward.
Thank you for holding my hands to keep me from harming myself,
Thank you for all of the hours you spent consoling me,
Thank you for teaching me that I'm worth a lot more than I thought,
Thank you for still caring for me, even when I told you not to,
Thank you for the sneaky hugs when my family weren't able to be there to comfort me themselves,
Thank you for buying me a takeaway after long nights in A&E,
Thank you for making me laugh and smile, even when I didn't want to,
Thank you for wiping away my tears,
Thank you for teaching me right from wrong,
Thank you for teaching me how to live again,
Thank you for showing me how to love myself,
Thank you for giving me my life back.
Thank you to all of the wonderful patients that I've met along the way.
Thank you for everything, Haven ward.

You've done more for me than anyone else could have done and I will always be grateful. I'm going to miss you all so much, staff and patients alike, but I'm so happy to be moving on and stepping down from PICU.

Monday is going to be filled with tears of both happiness and sadness due to leaving behind such incredible people. Please keep doing what you're doing and helping people like you've helped me, because honestly, you're changing lives for the better.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment