Pages

Sunday 25 October 2015

Look At Me Now

I believe that when you're suffering from a mental illness, it is always possible to reach a turning point. Everyone will reach a turning point at some time in their life.

If you'd have asked me 4 months ago, I'd have never believed that I'd be where I am today.

Four months ago, I was a quivering wreck. I was sleeping rough, I was spending hundreds in order to self destruct, and I was completely and utterly hopeless. I spent the majority of my time hanging about on the streets or in a hospital bed. I could see no future for myself, I had lost all motivation and I didn't enjoy any of my hobbies anymore. If anybody had tried to tell me that I would soon be happy, and that I would soon have a life and a future, I'd have been absolutely convinced that they were lying to me.

If you're reading this and you feel hopeless, worthless, or so deeply unhappy that you can't envision a future for yourself, please listen to me.

Everyone can turn their life around. You can be happy and you can live your life to the full.

My turning point was when I was admitted to hospital. Although it was maybe not the best way to go about it, it worked.

If you want to be happy and have a good life, just go out there and do it! If you want to get better, work your ass off, because you are so much stronger than your thoughts. If you want to be an astronaut, or a nurse, or even a receptionist, you can damn well do it.

Anybody can do anything if they put their minds to it. Take it from somebody who was once convinced that she'd never get better - look at me now.




1 comment:

  1. So so so proud of you. Honestly, I think you have saved your life. Alpha helped but YOU did it. My only comment is when you reference statistics (like in the previous post for how many mental health beds there are) can you tag what websites/books /articles you got it from? Just bc a) it looks more professional (?) And b) I like reading articles about mental health 🙈🙈

    ReplyDelete