Pages

Saturday 10 October 2015

Belated Life Update

So, I've been absent for quite a while.
I guess that you could say that I have had a rather rocky few months.

Long story short, I had a terrible relapse around June/July this year, which resulted in me being detained under a section 2 of the mental health act. I was told that the section 2 was only a temporary measure in order for treatment to be given to me against my will, but my mental state continued to deteriorate.

I was sedated, and when I awoke, I was transferred to a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit in Sheffield. I'm currently still in the same unit, which is 170 miles away from my home. My section 2 has been extended to a section 3, which I was initially extremely upset about, but I genuinely believe that the extension has saved my life.

I'm progressing really well! I'm currently on my THIRD overnight leave at home! When I'm at the unit, I'm on 15 minute checks and I'm allowed leave every day of the week! Hopefully I'll be leaving the PICU soon and I'll be transferred to an open ward.

I just wanted to add a thank you to everyone that has supported me the past few months. Thank you for sticking by my side, thank you for checking up on me, and thank you for never losing faith in my ability to get better. 


Then vs Now

No comments:

Post a Comment