Pages

Monday 30 November 2015

A Dash of Positivity

Yesterday, I was feeling rather positive so I thought that I would share a diary extract to you all. I hope that this can help you to add a dash of positivity to your day!

 "29.11.15 
Do you know what I've realised? There's no point in getting attention if it's negative attention. Negative attention will never make you feel as good as positive attention will.
Today, I ripped down all of the negative comments I had stuck on my wall and threw them away; I tidied my bedroom; and I did some positive artwork. Staff, and patients too, were telling me how proud they are of me and how seeing me happy has made their day - that made me feel amazing. It made me proud of how well I'm doing and spurred on my positive outlook on life.
In the past, I've screamed, I've shouted and I've lashed out; sure, people paid attention to me. But did it make me feel good? No. It made me feel embarrassed and humiliated.
I'm learning ways to make people look at me in a positive light, and it feels so fantastic that people are proud of me.
Being in hospital, I'm constantly surrounded by people who are still thriving off of their own negativity. These people aren't getting better, they're just digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole.
One of the key things in recovery is to surround yourself with positivity. For me, that means expressing myself through art and writing, as well as surrounding myself with my friends and family.
By doing this, I am slowly but surely climbing my way out of my hole." 

No comments:

Post a Comment